Your hands are more important than you realize so I wanted to share some quick tips to keep them at their best.
We overuse them every day and even though it doesn’t seem like it our hands go through a lot throughout the day. Whether from pounding the keys at your desk, driving long distances or texting the day away, your hands are always in motion. Yes, they like the rest of your body get fatigued. Just like the rest of your body if you don’t take care of them you can find yourself in some discomfort or constant pain.
I truly believe with a little hand maintenance your pain or discomfort can be reduced. The best part is it doesn’t take any extra time out of your day, you can stretch or massage right at your desk or in the comfort of your home.
Some things to try:
- Stretch your hands and fingers (try rotating your fingers or pulling on each until you feel a stretch not pain!!)
- If you soak in the tub, (put down your phone and soak your hands as well)
- Massage your hands (using your opposite hand or buying a massager, rub the palm, outside of the hand and even your fingers)
- When you get a massage, don’t skip the hands (ask your therapist to spend some extra time, I think you’ll be surprised)
- Use a stress ball (by squeezing the stress ball you are increasing blood flow and promoting circulation)
I can tell you from personal experience with a little weekly hand maintenance, my hands no longer ache after a long week of massage. Imagine what it can do for you!
I hope you will take the time to try some of these techniques, let me know and as always if you’re looking for a massage, call me and lets set something up!